Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am the Ocean


I am the Ocean

I am the Ocean,
Fierce yet calm,
Trailing behind the unwanted,
Devouring hungrily upon those boats,
As wavelets of my white horses gallop,
Leaving nothing behind but pieces of flotsam,
Swaying to my current.
At night, the moon seeks me,
The reason why I rise and fall.
Glassy as ever,
I grip my claws in the depth of sand,
And I pull.
In the morning, I return.
Mirror calm,
Listening to the melodies of the seagulls,
Waiting for sunrise.
*The reason why I picked the image above to describe my poem is because it is the image similar to the image I had in my mind while writing this poem. I could imagine wavelets crashing against each other racing to spread themselves across the sandy beach.

Cricket Diane, 'Joyous Song of the Sea'
Image source

No comments: