Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Special Guitar Pick

My thumb slides across the strings gripping a triangular shaped piece of plastic as sounds echo from the amplifier. This piece of plastic is special, although it is only a guitar pick.

I’ve had this pick for almost three years now, since the day I first plucked a string of a guitar. This pick holds the memory I shared with my old mates ever since my first day there. This is not a pick that you can buy from a guitar shop, this pick means something. My pick contains friendship, unlike others.

4 comments:

nahal_a said...

I liked the way you started up your writing, by describing your object, not just telling what your object it. It made the reader want to find out what your object is.

Nahal

Alia said...

I love the way you described your pick in the beginning, and a part where you did really well was the part where you said "My pick is full of memories."
I liked that, and I loved your style of writing. Great blog!


Alia

Mason_the_mason said...

The guitar must be an important part of your life. Your writing has many good qualities to it, such as your good choice of words. You write as if you picture the plastic pick as a living thing, as a friend. The pick seems like it has many special features to it, like you can't find it in a shop anymore in modern times.

Mason

Iz said...

I like your introduction when you started by, describing by you using the guitar pick, and i also didn't realize how a guitar pick could be really important to a person.

Iz